Effective PR requires a knowledge of all the factors that influence public attitudes toward the organization. Here are 6 steps to creating a successful PR campaign:
1. The organization gains an understanding of its different constituencies and the key factors that are influencing their perceptions of the organization.
2. The organization establishes an overall policy with respect to the campaign. This step involves defining goals and outcomes.
3. The organization outlines its strategies and tactics. The organization develops specific programs to achieve the desired objectives by using its knowledge of the target audiences.
4. This step includes actual communication with the public. (Such as press conferences and special events).
5. The organization receives feedback from its public.
6. The organization assesses the program and makes any necessary adjustments.